Christmas is such a special time of year (family, friends, holiday parties, celebrating, Christmas music, shopping, presents, food, food and more food!) and even more so with a baby! I look forward to many, many Christmas's experiencing it through Ella's eyes! Saturday, December 15th we celebrated Ella's FIRST Christmas (Round 1) with my parents since we are going to Charleston for Christmas. Mom and Dad came over about 4 pm and when it got dark we went to look at Christmas lights and then Ella opened her gifts. We put Ella down and then ate dinner (Mom cooked it all and I made dessert!) and then the "adults" opened gifts.
With Ella being just over 9 months old I knew she wouldn't really "get" Christmas, but it was fun showing her all her gifts from "Santa" and watching her play with all her new stuff! Alston and I got Ella just a few larger toys and my parents got her some clothes and toys. We would bring out one toy at a time and show it to her and how it works and then move on to the next one....I think she was a little overwhelmed but got the hang of it pretty quickly! We are excited to celebrate actual Christmas (Round 2) in Charleston (more in another post).
 |
| Ella's first "sofa" or "chair" like Alston used to have as a kid! |
 |
| Little toy from Costco...counting Elephant fun! |
 |
| Ridding her new Radio Flyer Rocking horse! |
 |
| Trying to walk with her walker! |
 |
| Tunnel fun! |
 |
| Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see?? |
 |
| Being silly will DeeDee! |
 |
| Riding the horse with DeeDee, Pops and Mom |
too too too cute. cannot believe she is already a year old !!! what in the world?!?!?
ReplyDeletelol I meant almost a year old.
ReplyDelete