Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Surprise! (A Little Late)

Alston and I had a little surprise the day that my parents came over to celebrate Christmas (December 15th).  We had talked about trying to have a second baby pretty quickly after having Ella due to us having so much trouble getting pregnant the first time (we both agreed we wouldn't do fertility again).  So on the second month of trying...it was a SUCCESS!  I was having some slight symptoms early in the month but really thought nothing of it...since I had gone through all the months of trying in the past I just wasnt sure if my mind and body were playing tricks on me.  Knowing that my parents were coming over and they would be bringing really nice wine to drink I knew I needed to know if I was pregnant...so that morning when we woke up I took a test and to my surprise it was POSITIVE.  I really didn't know what to do or to say...I just took it into Alston (who was still in bed)!  I was just so shocked the whole day...thinking this really can't be true... with all the tests we had taken in the past and never had gotten a positive!  Alston had a few errands to run so I asked him to pick me up a couple more tests so I could really be sure! LOL  I took a second test and that one was positive too!!

I knew we had to tell my parents that night since there were coming over and they would be wondering why I wasn't drinking any wine!  So earlier that day I made a sign that said "I'm going to be a BIG sister!" and took some pictures of the sign and Ella.  We printed one of the photos off and wrapped it up so my parents could open it when they came over.  When they came over we gave them the gift and they were so excited and couldn't believe the news!

That Monday I called the doctor and asked to speak with the nurse because I really wanted them to confirm the pregnancy as well.  They did some blood work and called me the next day and said all looked good.  We go in on January 2nd for our first sonogram (7 weeks 1 day).

Since we were going to Charleston for Christmas we waiting until we got there on Saturday (December 22nd) to tell Alston's family.  I had printed some recent pictures of Ella to bring with me to SC to show some people so I had an idea of putting the famous picture we used to tell Mom and Dad near the back and let them flip through the pictures to see if they notice our news!! It worked and everyone was so excited!!!



I love this one...it looks like she is say "Are you kidding me??" 

This is the photo we used to tell everyone!

Positive test!! Never had one of these before!

No comments:

Post a Comment