Saturday, September 2, 2017

Ella Starts Kindergarten!

Wow...even as I type the heading it still doesn't seem possible and we are one week in!  We have stayed so upbeat about Kindergarten and she was really so excited to start! Last Saturday she started to get a little nervous (she said she was nervous about making friends!).  After seeing Ella make a huge transformation in the Pre-K 4's with Mrs. Ciccotelli, I knew she was ready to go but it was still so hard to think that we were at this point in our lives.  So. many. emotions.!  I joked all summer that I was in denial but the truth was I really was in denial and I stayed there until the night before!  I feel like I could really enjoy our last summer before "real" school starts if I did this and we did!

The Friday before they started we had a Kindergarten playdate in the neighborhood to meet some of the other parents and kids!


I got nervous for her the night before but prayed it would all be ok and it was!  Alston worked from home on Monday so we all could drop her off and pick her up! Castle Hills Elementary (several schools in the area are doing this) does not assign a kindergarten teacher so we did not know who her teacher was going to be and didn't get to meet any of them ahead of time.  All we knew was that the kids were going to be divided into classes alphabetically at the beginning until all classes rotated through all the teachers and they worked to create the permanent classes and teacher assignments.

The night before we read The Night Before Kindergarten (thank you Mammy for sending!)  and Ella did great the morning of her first day!  She cried a minute right when we pulled up to park but by the time we walked in she was fine! Thankfully one of her really good friends was in her class and would remain in her class at least for the first week!  The first day we could walk her into her class room.










Riding the golf cart to school




Ella and Kate!


The first day she had her friend Charlotte at her table!

Saying goodbye! 




Picking up sissy! Callie couldn't wait!

Day 1 is done! 

When we picked Ella up on the first day she said "Kindergarten is so cool!" Kindergarten is awesome!  So I will take that as a great day!  She has loved everyday since too!

Day 2 we could walk them to the classroom but couldn't go in.


Ella and Kate

Yesterday I took Ella to get her nails done (Callie had gotten hers done earlier in the week) as a special treat for rocking her first week of Kindergarten! Stay tuned for the final class and teacher assignment!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment