Monday, June 17, 2013

Charleston Trip Part 1

Alston, Ella and I left May 25th for our Charleston trip (Ella and I are staying for 2 weeks!), DeeDee and Pops offered to keep Charlie while we were gone...it was hard to leave him but we knew it was better for everyone!  Thank you DeeDee and Pops! I will have to say Ella did pretty well on the plane!  She got a little antsy but not too bad!  Luckily we were the last seat on the plane so we couldn't bug too many people!  We got in and had lunch at John and Debbie'a and then Ella went down for a nap! We then hung out around the pool and Ella got to ride in her little red wagon (John and Debbie got from one of Tiffany's friends and it is so cute!  It has 2 little seats with seat-belts and a little cup holders!) for the first time!  She LOVED it!  That night Alston, Travis, Tiffany and I met up with some of Alston and Travis' friends for dinner and drinks at Water's Edge on Shem Creek.

Ella with the Charlie lookalike! 
Sunday (May 26th) the guys played golf in the morning and then Debbie, Ella and I met them up at the golf course for lunch (Trav's country club, Bulls Bay).  After lunch we hung out by the pool for a little while and Ella had a playdate with one of John and Debbie's neighbors grandchild (Mason).  Sunday night everyone (Alston, Travis, Tiffany, John, Debbie and I) all went to dinner for John and Debbie's 40th wedding anniversary (Old Village Post House, sooo yummy) and Andy's cousin babysat Ella for us!!
Riding in the wagon with Mason
Playing with the buckets Betty made them! 
At the park!
Swinging with Mammy!
Walking around the pool with Andy, Daddy and Tiff
So sweet...looking up at Andy!
Testing out the water with Uncle T-Bone!
Monday, Memorial Day (May 27th) Alston and I ran over to Stuart's parents house to see Stuart, Rebecca, Louise, Courtney, Scott, Jack Nash, Ralph and Susan.  We then met everyone to go  (Travis, Tiffany, John and Debbie) on the boat to Dewees Island.  We hung out on Dewees and let Ella play in the sand for the first time!  She LOVED the boat and the beach!!!  She fell dead asleep in Debbie's arms on the ride home (and for those who know her it takes a lot for her to fall asleep on a whim!).  :)  Alston and Travis left from the boat to play a round of golf and I met them for the back nine.




Jack Nash, Ella and Louise

Daddy, Ella and Uncle T-Bone!  
Mommy and Ella! :) 
Doo Da and Ella
Mammy and Ella
Ella captaining the boat! 
Alston and Tiffany
Walking on the beach for the first time!
Fist full of sand! 



Sitting with Doo Da and Mammy!
Sitting in the water with Doo Da
Worn out baby!  Asleep with Mammy!
Tuesday (May 28th) Debbie, Alston and I took Ella to Charles Town Landing (their zoo) to check out the animals! All the animals are in the natural habitat so some were hard to see but we got to see a black bear, deer, lots of birds, turkeys, a skunk, a puma and a bobcat!  She loved seeing the birds and the bear!
Checking out the Pelican
Looking at some of the animals!

Swimming with Mammy
Swinging!
On a walk in the wagon!


Going down the slide!

On Wednesday (May 29th) morning Debbie, Alston, Ella and I walked the bridge, played on the playground at Waterfront Park and walked the pier at Waterfront Park.  That afternoon after Ella napped, Debbie, John, Alston, Ella and I went to this little water park call Palmetto Park that has a splash park and some little slides for the little kids!  We pretty much had the park to ourselves which was really nice! Ella loved sliding down the turtle and also racing everyone on the bigger slides!

Walking the Cooper River Bridge

Swinging at Waterfront Park!

Walking the Pier at Waterfront Park

Splashing at Palmeto Park
Turtle Slide!

Walking up the steps like a big girl!


Big girl slide all by her self!
Hanging in the "fast" lazy river with daddy!
Running through the water with daddy!

Sliding with Mammy!

All 4 going down the slide together!
Splashing with mommy! 


After dinner at Basil with daddy and uncle T-bone!

Thursday (May 30th), Erin came in town to spend the weekend in Charleston so Alston and I picked her up from the airport and went to lunch at Village Bakery on Pitt Street.  Alston and Travis played golf that afternoon and Erin and I walked around Pitt Street and checked out some of the shops!  We then went back to John and Debbie's and hung out by the pool with Debbie and Ella.  That night Alston, Travis, Erin and I went to California Dreaming for dinner and then to Red's on Shem Creek for a drink.
Erin and I at Reds on Shem Creek
Friday (May 31st) afternoon after Ella napped, John, Debbie, Alston, Erin, Ella and I headed out to Isle of Palms (IOP) to the beach!  We hung out on the beach and ate lunch and Ella loved playing on the beach and ocean...she is such a beach girl! Friday night Alston, Travis, Erin and I had an awesome dinner at the Boat House and then went to Water's Edge for a drink (of water for me of course!). :)

Proof we tried to get her to wear a hat...wouldn't wear if for more than a minute!
Our set up!
Hanging out with Doo Da and daddy!

One of my most favorite photos!
Hanging out with mommy! 
Naked baby in the pool after the beach!
Saturday (June 1st) Travis captained us on the boat again! This time Jared and Katie came along!  We all headed out to Dewees and hung out on the beach for a little while.  Some of Alston's friends were out there too.  Ella loved hanging out with Wyatt (Spencer and Kristi's little boy who is 4 weeks older than Ella)!  That afternoon we dropped John, Debbie and Ella off and the rest of us cruised around in the boat and then went to Morgan Creek Grill for appetizers and live music!

Ella and Wyatt

Eating lunch on the beach!

Playing with buckets and shovels! 
Holding hands with Wyatt!

Kissing Wyatt! 
The gang on the boat (Erin, Alston, Travis, Jared and Katie)
The gang again (Katie, Jared, Travis, me and Alston)
Girls on the boat (Katie, Erin and I)
Sunday (June 2nd) Erin was leaving in the morning, but her flight got delayed so we ended up having lunch!  Alston and Travis played golf in the afternoon and Debbie, Ella and I hung out.  We cooked dinner at home.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. awesome post. yall did so much fun stuff. you definitely packed in so many fun activities. love all the pictures. ella getting TOO big - her swimsuits are all so cute

    ReplyDelete