Sunday, December 1, 2013

Giving Thanks!


  • November 1st: I am thankful today for my health and the health of my family!
  • November 2nd: Today I am thankful for my parents, it goes without say how much they mean to me, but they have been so amazing with Ella, Callie (and even Charlie) and I am beyond blessed to have them living near by!  Love you Mom and Dad (Dee Dee and Pops)!
  • November 3rd: I am thankful for my in-laws (Mammy and Doo Da), they are by far the best in-laws ever and I am blessed to have them in my life!  They do so much for Alston and I and the girls! Love you Debbie and John (Mammy and Doo Da)
  • November 4th: I am thankful for my Charlie Doggers (Mookie Man)…poor baby doesn't get the attention he used to when it was just him but he is so sweet to the girls and for that I am so thankful!  
  • November 5th: I am thankful for ORDINARY days! 
  • November 6th:  I am thankful for my 20 month old (today) first born, Ella Elizabeth and her sweet brother Jack Carter who we miss greatly and wish could be here with us. I know he is Ella's guardian angle and for that, I am thankful! 
  • November 7th: I am thankful for the opportunity to stay home with my 2 sweet girls. I know this is a gift that I sometimes take for granted, but I am beyond blessed to be able to be home with them and watch them grow!
  • November 8th: I am thankful for the gift of my second baby (3 months old today), Callie Christine and thankful that she is named after my grandmother, Mama so she will be an tribute to her!
  • November 9th: I am thankful for the friends in my life some old and some new, all are VERY special to me in their own way (fab 8 and the brunch crew to name a few)!
  • November 10th: I am thankful for having a yard (without a pool) that the girls can run around in.  Right now there is no greater joy than watching Ella run around with Charlie and us in the yard! 
  • November 11th: I am thankful for music (all kinds)…I have always been a lover of music and it does a body good (brings back great memories and helps you cope with what you might be going through).
  • November 12th: I am thankful for my brother-in-law Travis.  Ella loves to FaceTime with Travis and see her Uncle T-bone and Bessy Cow! 
  • November 13th: I am thankful for Ella's school (CDO at St. Andrews United Methodist Church)
  • November 14th: I am thankful for my sister-in-law Tiffany and looking forward to seeing her over Thanksgiving! 
  • November 15th: Thankful that Callie has been released from the heart doctor and that the main hole that was a slight concern is now closed!
  • November 16th: I am thankful for babysitters in our neighborhood that allow us to go out! 
  • November 17th: I am thankful that Dallas doesn't get a lot of "crazy" weather.  So much going on with the huge Typhoon and tornadoes that weather can be so scary! (Remembering when Ella was a tiny baby and she and Charlie and I were in our closet at the old house hiding out because there were tornados in the area and thankful that I don't have to do that very often!)
  • November 18th: I am thankful that on this day we have started a tradition of remembering and honoring Jack.  
  • November 19th: I am thankful for my "Mom to Mom" group at church.  
  • November 20th: I am thankful for our "Moms and Margaritas" group in the neighborhood…nice to go have a couple drinks after the kids go down!
  • November 21st: I am thankful for online shopping! 
  • November 22nd: I am thankful for college football!  Go Sooners and Go Tigers! 
  • November 23rd: Thankful for our grandparents (Mama and Papa and Meme and Papa) and thankful that they have meet Callie and hope they can meet Callie.
  • November 24th: Thankful for Alston's hometown, Charleston, and that we get to visit this really cool place a couple times a year and are hopefully making it a tradition to go for an extended time in the summer!
  • November 25th: Thankful that I have kept up with this blog!  I love looking back through it from time to time!
  • November 26th: Thankful for Southwest Airlines and making it a little easier to travel (especially with 2 young kids!)
  • November 27th: I am thankful and looking forward to Christmas!  Callie's first and Ella's second!
  • November 28th: I am thankful for Thanksgiving dinner and sharing it with family (missing mine, but love being here in Charleston!!)
  • November 29th: I am thankful for massages! :-)  
  • November 30th: Most importantly I am thankful for my faith and Jesus Christ and the sacrifices he made! And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment