Monday, August 18, 2014

Bittersweet...

Today is a little bittersweet...it was Callie's 1 year check up and that means I have completely weaned from breastfeeding.  I have had a love/hate relationship with breastfeeding...more of a "hate" with Ella and a little bit of a "love" with Callie...Callie was just a better nurser from the time she was born, she made it easy until she started biting when when was teething! I told myself I would like to at least make it 6 months with Callie and if it was going well I would try and continue...it always seems like a long time while you are doing it but this last year (looking back) has flown by!

As much has I have hated/loved it...it is still a little hard to say good bye to it.  I really don't think Callie missed a beat with weaning, which makes it easier as well!  Looking forward to Callie now being a little more independent just in the way of not needing me to eat...and getting my body back to being just mine...it's been a long time coming! :-)  Just have to give myself a small pat on the back for making it so long with both girls!  Yay!

Lots of love,
post signature

1 comment:

  1. ugh, I feel you on this one. I cried and cried when I had to wean both girls. It's a connection unlike any other. I was so sad for it to end. ;(

    ReplyDelete