He pretty much told me I needed to go straight to the hospital from his office. So I took Callie and Ella and headed there and thankfully Mom met me there to take Ella. I felt horrible because I had to tell Alston over the phone as he was flying home from a work trip that afternoon. Just very thankful we got her in when we did as it could have been so much worse!
We spent 2 nights in the hospital with her and learned a crash course in diabetes and how to take care of her. It was and still is an emotional rollercoaster, but I can say each day gets better/easier as our confidence grows and it gets easier on her. I have to brag a little on both of my girls because they amaze me daily on how well they have taken this HUGE transition in our lives. It will continue to be a change but I just pray and have prayed that something good will come out of this situation, I might never know what that is but that is ok. We still have lots to learn and I look forward to learning all that I can and hopefully we will see lots more changes and even a cure in her lifetime! I have been so humbled by all the love and support from the hospital, the nurses, doctors, and especially our friends and family! So THANK YOU to all who have supported, loved and prayed for us on this journey so far!
We love you so much Callie and are SO SO proud of the brave, confident and BIG girl that you are! You are going to do GREAT things in your life! And Ella, you have been a great and supportive big sister and for that I am so grateful! We love you more than you will ever know!


Callie is SO Brave, and I'm so proud of how well Ella is doing as Big Sister -- so sweet and supportive! And I'm super proud of you and alston - that's got to be a lot to take in. You will never forget that oct 6th date.. always here for you. Haven't stopped thinking of your family, and praying you guys all continue to adjust to the new changes. love u!!
ReplyDelete