I was so honored to get an email from her the other night asking my thoughts on her hiking in an event called Hike of Hope that was being held in her community in California. Hike of Hope is a hike held on October 13th that honors mothers who have lost a baby during pregnancy or infancy. The hike is tied with Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day, October 15th. They hold a short memorial before the hike to celebrate the mothers and their beautiful children who are no longer with us. I was in tears reading her incredible email!
On the day of the hike she sent me a prayer, that we then both said "Father God, we are so thankful for this opportunity today to honor the babies who are no longer with us in the physical world and to also honor their parents. We know that the peace needed to move forward with our lives here on earth can only be provided by your son Jesus. Be with us today, Lord, and help us remember that before our children are OURS, they are first YOURS. And in that we know that these babies are living the most beautiful lives up in heaven, free from any harm. We can't wait to reunite one day. :). In Jesus' name, Amen."
It makes me so happy, thankful and blessed for her friendship! I can't tell you how special it was to get that email from her and how Alston and I will cherish knowing that she did this for us and Jack FOREVER!
Krissy, I can't thank you enough for doing this and thinking about us and Jack! Love you LOTS!













ohmygosh the sweetest sweetest post yet! How special. I teared up reading this. Such a special friend. Loved this
ReplyDelete